402703778435676 402703778435676
top of page

Printed in-house on archival Museum Heritage 310gssm paper using ultrachrome inks. This image depicts Braunston London Road which was one of two railway stations that served the village of Braunston - the station was built on the Weedon to Leamington Spa branch line on an embankment next to the village's wharf on the Grand Union Canal after the demolishing of a number of houses and a pub that were in the way.  The station opened along with the Leamington extension of the Weedon line on 1 August 1895. It was on a passing loop and originally had two platforms with an underpass linking them, however the second platform was later taken out of use and removed, so trains in both directions called at the same platform, although the loop was retained for goods traffic until the line closed. The station was originally known as just Braunston, however it was renamed as Braunston London Road in 1950, to differentiate it from the other station serving the village. Despite its small size, Braunston was also served by Braunston and Willoughby station on the former Great Central Main Line,  which was actually closer to Willoughby.  The line closed to passengers in 1958, and freight in 1963. Little now remains of the station, although the embankment where it stood can still be seen.

Braunston Railway Station

£7.50Price
    bottom of page