402703778435676 402703778435676
top of page

Printed in-house on archival Museum Heritage 310gssm paper using ultrachrome inks, this original black & white print has been digitally coloured by our in-house artist.  Daventry railway station was on the Weedon to Leamington Spa branch line. The station opened on 1 March 1888 when a branch from the main line at Weedon reached the town. This line was extended in 1895 to reach Leamington Spa. The station was located to the east of the town centre, and was made mostly from wood. It was on a passing loop and had two platforms linked by a footbridge. The main station building was located on the down (westbound) platform, with a small waiting room on the up platform. Adjacent to the station were some goods sidings. The station was closed to passengers on 15 September 1958, however the line remained open for freight until 2 December 1963. Sadly nothing now remains of the station. It was demolished in January 1968, and the A425 Daventry bypass built over the site. However some of the former trackbed to the north of the station remains in use as a footpath and cycleway, locally known as the Black Path.

Daventry Railway Station

    bottom of page